At St Bernadette's Primary School, we perceive education as a partnership between home and school with parents and teachers sharing a common vision which forms a powerful combination.
There are a number of activities in which parents may participate, including:
- attending class Masses and liturgies
- assisting in the uniform shop
- attending Parents and Friends (P&F) meetings
- attending other parent meetings
- assisting with fundraising ventures
- attending various social functions during the year, e.g. annual dinner dance or trivia night
- assisting with working bees
- assisting with book covering in the library
- assisting with reading groups
- attending school excursions when invited by the teacher
- supporting school sporting events such as athletics and swimming carnivals.
Every family is invited to be involved in our Working Bees held about three times a year. Our dedicated parents keep the grounds and buildings in wonderful condition and their generosity of time and energy is very much appreciated. Your participation, even if just for a short time, is very welcome and we hope you can join us on at least one of our working bees.
We believe education is the joint responsibility of parents, teachers and children, and that by working together we can provide the best possible learning outcomes for students.